William Henry Allen built this home in 1903-1904. He worked for the Waynesville National Bank for sixty-nine years, and employed the same architect who designed the new bank which was constructed after the 1900 fire. The home is in the Edwardian style using Bedford limestone for the foundation, and features stained glass and leaded windows. The house remains unaltered except for a sleeping porch added above the back porch in the 1920s.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068