top of page
This two-story brick structure was built in 1878 for $1,447.50 by John N. Fetter to house the Wayne Township Board of Trustees, the justice of the peace, the constable, the fire department, and a courtroom on the second floor. The largest trial here was for Waynesville’s infamous triple murder in 1878. Pat and Sue McGeehan have operated an antique shop here for over thirty years. In 1997, a man named Chuck passed away in the upstairs apartment and every tenant since has told stories about Chuck coming to visit.
bottom of page