Built in 1883 by a local craftsman on two lots purchased by Clara Funkey, this Italianate style home has metal lintels above the windows and doors with metal rope dentil moldings and returns. The bricks were molded by Darbyshire Brickyard in Clinton County. Joel Evans (brother of Dr. Evans, #8) and his socialite wife Cynthia purchased the house in 1894. Uses over the years included a residence, doctor’s office, funeral home, apartment house and restaurant. The home was restored in 1990 and a cottage (now a Bed & Breakfast) was added at the side. The damaged original fence was replaced with one from an old mansion in Bexley, Ohio.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068