Built in 1810, this original wagon maker’s house had two large rooms with a central fireplace and two smaller rooms upstairs. It later became the home of Louisa Stetson Larrick and her children. She was the sister of John Stetson who created the Stetson hat, also known as the ten-gallon hat. While John was recovering from an illness in Waynesville, Louisa financed his hat-making venture.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068