53 South Fourth - Noah Haines House

Noah Haines, a Quaker who came to Waynesville in 1807, built his brick home in 1822-1823. It has Flemish-bond construction with small attic windows on the gable ends. Haines served the area as Indian commissioner, and the Indians camped on the Waynesville hillside in tepees when they came to town to meet with him.