This Sears Catalog home was built by the Hadleys in 1938.  More than 70,000 of these ready-to-assemble kit houses were sold between 1908 and 1940 through mail order by Sears Roebuck and Company.  This particular house is a 1938 model.  The garage (not Sears) was added at a later date.  Margaret Hadley sold the property in 1991 to the present owners, James and Judith Prickett. Jim is responsible for the beautiful Christmas lighting around his home, at the American Legion, and the Museum at the Friends Home.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068