In 1805, the Miami Monthly Meeting built a thirty-foot by thirty-foot log cabin on this location for a Meeting House. In 1828, when the Meeting divided to form the Orthodox and Hicksite branches (as did other Friends in America), the Orthodox branch moved into the log cabin. The Orthodox Friends built this Red Brick Meeting House in 1836. Waynesville is one of the few places where a religious group has split, yet existed so close to each other. The Orthodox MMM was laid down in the 1920s and the Red Brick was sold to the Hicksite MMM by the 1950s. It now serves as a social room.