top of page
The frame portion of this structure may have been used as a tavern as early as 1800. Waynesville held its first election here in 1803, and the current building was constructed as an inn and stage coach stop in 1822. Pam Bowman, who now operates the Hammel House Inn, notes a room in the basement could have been part of the Underground Railroad since it seems to lead to nowhere.
bottom of page