top of page
This home was built by James and Martha (Holmes) Stoops around 1902. Mr. Stoops was the Waynesville Postmaster. Anna Ellis Meredith purchased the house in the 1930’s since her parents, Sam and Sallie Meredith lived next door. Anna never lived in the house herself, but rented it for several years until she sold it to her sister and brother-in-law, Winnifred (Meredith) and Walter Whitaker in 1940. Although Walter passed away in 1972, Winnie continued to live here until she was nearly 90 years old and had to move to Quaker Heights. She then sold the house to her granddaughter Diana Ray (Miller) and her husband Ed Miller in the spring of 1978. As a result, the house has been in the same family for over 70 years.
bottom of page