top of page
Built by David Holloway circa 1805, this is one of the earliest buildings in Waynesville. It was the first tavern in town and was on the route for stage coaches on the Accommodation Line. By 1814, Quaker Joel Wright purchased the structure. Henry Clay stayed here in 1825, as did Charles Dickens in 1842. Other prominent owners were temperance advocate Paulina Butterworth and Findley and Laura Brown.
bottom of page