Originally known as the “Koeber House”, it is an example of cottage vernacular architecture.  On August 10th 1841 Zachariah Anders sold 51 feet to Frederick Koeber for $87.00.  Included in the deed was the “privilege of using the water in the well at the foot of the pathway. Koeber sold the property in 1849 for $200.00.  The original part of the house was built in 1850 and it is in Presidents Square in Waynesville.  The house has had several owners since then, including the Shannon Maloney family and Elwood and Ruth Killworth.  The present owners are Larry and Sharon Smith. Jackie England now resides in the home.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068