David Brown built this home circa 1808. It is the last house standing that shows how the placement of the town as laid out by Samuel Heighway: “The town was laid out at right angles, with a square in the middle… where he envisioned a courthouse.” This square existed until 1856. The right side of the structure shows the original part of the building was constructed with a brick exterior.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068