This beautiful 2 1/2 story home known as the J. Will White House, with its separate horse barn and carriage house, was built by the White family in 1901.  It is one of the best examples of Queen Anne-style architecture in the area.  This home is distinguished by being built out of yellow brick; its large tower capped by a copper roof and finial, copper roof ridge embellishments, and a large wraparound porch with turned balusters, and fluted columns with ionic capitals. The grand entrance features a beautiful staircase, beveled glass side window, a stained glass rose window and a rare banister light fixture. The foundation is made of two-foot thick stones on top of the basement of river stones from the Miami River below Main Street.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068