The land was purchased in 1845 from Joseph Chapman by Elizabeth Montgomery (a Quaker) for $50. The house was purchased by cabinetmaker Joseph Galloway Keys in 1859. Past owners included the Hough family who owned it from 1902 to 1938; the Sheehan family from 1938 to 1983. The current owners purchased this home in 2008. The home has beautiful moldings and pocket doors. In 1951 the first-story back porch was converted into a bathroom.