County records hint that a house was on the lot by the mid-1860s. We do know that John Coleman, tinsmith and proprietor of a tinware and stove shop, lived here in the 1880s. Catherine Hartsock, the great-great grandmother of the current owner married John Coleman in 1902 and they lived here for many years.  Photographs from the early 1900s show street views of the house looking similar as it does today.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068