top of page
The land was originally deeded in 1808 as lots 7 and 8 in Presidents Square.The home was built in 1883 by two sisters Mary T. Finley and Leavinia Peat. The sisters were the daughters of the Rev. James B. Finley, a Methodist circuit rider in the mid 1800's. The home originally had two front doors, one of which was used as an entrance to a sleeping room for circuit riders on the Waynesville circuit.
bottom of page