top of page
Established in 1804, the Friends Burying Ground is the oldest cemetery in Waynesville. It is an example of the Friends’ Simplicity Testimony. Early markers are creek rocks, and many of the later stones are plain with hand carved initials, instead of full names and dates. Early Friends were buried in the order in which they died, not in family plots. Looking south, the right side of the burial ground is the Hicksite side and the left side is the Orthodox burial ground.
bottom of page