The Old School was built in 1891 at a cost of $22,000 on the site of the three-story Union School, which was built in 1857. It housed all twelve grades until 1915, when the high school moved to the oldest structure in the Wayne Local School campus on Dayton Road. It was an elementary school until 1953.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068