Samuel Linton purchased this lot from Samuel Heighway in 1799 and built the log cabin, one of the oldest structures on Main Street, that still exists at the rear part of this home. An oil painting of cabin made by Dr. William A. Crandall in 1871 is in an inside doorway transom. Linton's daughter, Elizabeth, married John Satterthwaite,and he built the existing two-story Greek revival brick home now attached to the original log cabin after Samuel’s death in 1832.

© The Waynesville Area Heritage & Cultural Center at The Friends Home, Inc., 2013

Proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

513-897-1607

Find us: 

115 S. 4th Street, P.O. Box 12,

Waynesville, Ohio 45068