This is one of two remaining small town firehouses in southwest Ohio. It was built in 1881 to house village fire equipment. This building held the first steam engine, “Old Faithful,” in 1886. Also in that year a jail was built in the rear of the building. The Engine House remained here until 1952 when the new fire house was built. The building is on the National Historic Registry.