top of page
The land was originally owned by David Pugh in 1814. David was one of the early settlers of Waynesville. Thomas Swift, the first Quaker potter in Waynesville, then owned this land which was located behind his home at 243 High Street. William Keys later owned the property. William was the second son of John Keys who was Mayor of Waynesville and later a Probate Court Judge of Warren County. William served in the Civil War and died at Chattanooga, Tennessee in January of 1864 leaving a wife and seven children. Other owners included William Rettalick, Thomas Southern, the Barnharts, and the Foleys. The present owners, the Boggelns, moved into the home in 1999 and have made major renovations to this beautiful historic home.
bottom of page